Wednesday 1 July 2015

Dr Who Wednesday #2


No news to post on the reduction of the Who Mountain this week.  Quite the contrary in fact.

The weekly e-mail came from Black Tree Design telling me that the current 'specials' are 20% off all Doctors and Companions and off the Second Doctor range.  There was no danger of me buying any of the former, but I was tempted to get some Yetis and Ice Warriors.  Fortunately, the next day I spotted a much cheaper way of getting my fix.


This month's (fortnight's?) copy of Dr Who Adventures has a five Dalek patrol as one of the free gifts (thus working out at 75p per Dalek).  They're basically the same as previous give-aways, but the casting is better and they're not in lurid colours.


So I've now got 15 more Daleks waiting to be painted.  And several posters of Jenna Coleman...

I'm not sure how I'll paint these yet, but I won't be repeating my attempt to slavishly follow the New Paradigm colour scheme.  At the moment I'm considering red and having a closer look at the colours in the 1960s movies.

Davros' Ninja Division


3 comments:

  1. "and several posters of Jenna Coleman…" win, win thinks I! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mr. Awdry. As long as one of the posters isn't Ms. Coleman as a Dalek. I don't mind saying that when I saw that show, I blubber a little bit. In a manly way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna Coleman ah??? You naughty boy! Gotta admit I was rather partial to a little Amy Pond?

    ReplyDelete