Thursday 1 May 2014

Those Crazy Stats (Again)!

Now, before I start I need to say again that I know that visitor stats don't matter and don't reflect true visitors.  But I like to play with stats.

By the way does anyone know why 'bots come in spikes of 27?



This time last month, I was celebrating 50,000 hits and noting that the monthly numbers had for the first time exceeded 4,000 - this month they almost came to 9,000.

Usual health-warning about Blogger's mislabeling of dates.

Go figure...

7 comments:

  1. I don't have a webcrawler coming through at the moment, but have had in past. I've never had 5,000 new people show up because they were interested in seeing what I paint. Too bad isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I have a steady stream/trickle of traffic until I catch the attention of one of these bots. Then there is a momentary spike in traffic. Got to wonder what it is that they are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that they are not dangerous themselves !
    but never click on the links, that's all !

    Congrats for the 9 000 ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not interested in the Blogger stats per se as I find the blog cathartic, but I do wonder why people keep coming back for more punishment.

    I know there are certain key words the bots pick up on as I've deliberately laid bait to experiment after someone else mentioned it (might have been you Edwiin), but I think I burned off too many brain cells just doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boobs
    XXXX
    Boobs
    XXXX

    There - that should get the bots interested! *grin*

    Why 27? Possibly that's based on the average number of views from a source for the link to appear in your top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOBY BOOB BOOBS

    Yeah the stats are all over the place. I have had several strange spikes.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete