Monday 24 March 2014

Shelfies

A couple of things have coincided to bring this post.  First is an article I read in the local paper about 'shelfies', the second is a post by Joppy over on Steam, Steel and Torpedoes where he does just that.

Ever one to spot the latest trend, I present you these, my bookshelves...

I wish...

No, here we are...

Fiction A-L (somehow I've lost the other photos from this room...)
Misc stuff
Mainly The Wife's

And now My Shame...

Naval and Maritime
Mainly Exploration
Ref and Military

 And for bedtime...

The to-read pile (1)
The to-read pile (2)

8 comments:

  1. Edwin, your "to read" pile looks like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books. Got to love em.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lad! You can never have too many books. I'm a black belt in Tsundoku: (n.) the act of buying books and not reading them and/or letting books pile up unread on shelves or floors or nightstands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would all like to be the chap in the top one. As I am living in temporary quarters during my grad school stint, I haven't unpacked most of my books, which feels ... wrong. What I have unpacked looks much yours - especially the unread ones. What a shelfie can't really show however is what's unread on the kindle reader, though I suppose a screen shot would do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priceless! Did I spot Redcoats in the bedroom? I must get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We seem to suffer from the same complaint sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow…
    Of course our house is pretty chock a block too. We tell our selves it adds insulation.
    Cheers
    PD

    ReplyDelete