Saturday 16 November 2013

Saturday WIP

I had thought to post some photos of the painting table/workdesk as a Saturday regular, as suggested by Sofie's Painting Blog but I've been rather disheartened by this week's progress.  Despite my declaration to spend November on things Dinosaur, I thought to finish my Cairo SID members.  So far, these are far from successful (white suits anyone?), so I haven't done anything since Tues.

I had done some work on one of the big-game hunters though, so I suppose that's a nod in the direction of Dinovember.  Another is that I've taken advantage of Fat Dragon Games' 30% off sale (ends on Monday) to get a cardstock Mole (suitable for getting to Lost Worlds at the Centre of the Earth) for $4.19.  They also have a nice aerial steam carriage for the same price.  If you do go to rpgnow to check these out, make sure you also have a look at the free stuff!  I got some more of the Dave Graffam free building kits.



5 comments:

  1. You've done more than I've done this month mate! I've spent most of my spare time bothering the national archives website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it'll pass. I go through periods of inertia which last weeks. Best thing is not to worry about it and certainly not to feel any guilt. That's when a hobby needs an overhaul.
    I'm just on the way out of the painting doldrums (he says hopefully), having become bored to death as a result of doing just over a hundred 15mm Napoleonic Austrians and then starting on those damn' WSS French. Too much white - I thought I was going snow blind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys. 'Disheartened' was perhaps the wrong word - I'm not feeling bad about it, it's just that I put the brushes down after having a frustrating session, and haven't got around to picking them up again.

    I'm now thinking about the Analogue Painting Challenge...

    ReplyDelete