Monday 12 January 2015

All Quiet on the Home Front


Nice is't it?  It's a figure RoyW has supplied to represent my character in his Old West play-by-blog game.  Unusually for me ('a fluffy kinda guy'), I've not been able to come up for any back-story for him other than his name.  I'm going to have to put my head together for it.  Any suggestions chaps?

It's down to a lack of mojo - I had a very difficult few weeks on that side of late.  I've not done anything hobbywise since finishing my Daleks before Christmas.  This isn't a tragedy in the big scheme of things of course, but I am supposed to be in a painting challenge!  It means that I've missed two bonus rounds, despite having the figures and plans for them.

Today I had a little victory then, in that I put the Meeples and Miniatures podcast on.  It went on so long, that no only had I finished the book work I was doing and tidied the room, but in the end I sat at the painting table and did an hour's prep.  [They're still at it as I type!]

So that's a good thing.

5 comments:

  1. He's got a mean stare that Buck, I hear that he was once of the US Cavalry, but witness the scalping of his cousin and fellow cavalryman tipped him over the edge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think the person who photographed the model wouldn't of made it look like Buck's coming out, and then rushing back to the privvy. Lol :D

    I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

    Thank you for the words of praise. There's the other bio's (so far received) for you all to read over on my blog, that may provide inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figure and an intriguing project, but it sounds like hard work for RW!

    M&M never seems to have any problem with stamina . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Buck was captured by the Rebs in the last months of the Civil War and was starving in Andersonville. He was within days of eating something unmentionable when the war ended and he was liberated. Never been the same since.
    M&M podcasts do bang on. One of the reasons I don't listen to a lot of amateur podcasts is that there are no time constraints, and the umma and errs and longwinded waffling becomes excruciating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buck looks awesome. Motivation can be fickle at times but prep work is definitely progress.

    ReplyDelete