Saturday 19 April 2014

Paint Table Saturday


For one reason and another, I've not done much hobby stuff this week, but Paint Table Saturday has a focusing effect and I thought I better get something done this afternoon.


What I did was to make a horrible sticky mess with tissues dipped in PVA and paint (I suspect the mixture was too wet) in an attempt to make some tents.  I'll re-visit them tomorrow when they're dried and report back.  This was by way of an experiment with 'throw-away' materials, so I'm not too bothered if it doesn't work out first time.  Model building is not really my forte!

You'll also see the Zulus there - I did a little on them during the week, but nothing that progressed them very far.  The other thing in the picture is the expedition van.  I wish I'd done some 'before' photos so you could see what a horrible lime-green plastic thing it was.  It looks much better now.

Edit

For Loki


4 comments:

  1. I should have taken a photo of the Martian bamboo I made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too mean to throw them away - I'll find a jam-jar to put them in and file them next to "String: Short" and "Elastic Bands: Left-handed".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used mrs D cotton handkerchiefs cut to make tents, coated with thinned PVA, they work a treat . Of course you need to remember to "ask". For the the throw away items... Cough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Cotton* handkerchiefs... No wonder the Kleenex made a mess!

      The Wife has cut up various shirts of mine (for patchwork, *not* revenge), so I'm sure I can find something.

      Delete